Thursday, October 16, 2008

A tribute to Uncle Bill






Uncle Bill was like a father to me. He was true and loyal to his sister Jaylene, my mom, in helping her raise her young son as a single mom. He ordained me to the Aaronic Priesthood and Melchizedek Priesthood as an Elder and High Priest. I have passed that ordination to my son as he will to his son. What a great heritage we have as member of the Price family. He was always kind to me and the only one time I remember that he got mad at me was when we were in Grandma Jonsie's back yard and he was teaching me to swing a golf club. Well I didn't listen to him and swung the club and smacked him up the side of his head and almost knocked him out. Maybe that is why to this day I still don't like to golf. But his injuries healed and he showed even increased love for me. He also loved my younger sister Marie and brother Billy and my brother Cory. Billy went fishing with him many times and has a lot of memories with Uncle Bill. My memories usually involve camping and scout camp. It was fun working up at East Fork scout camp with him in the summer. He loved his children and his wife and was an example to me on how to love and raise a family. But his love extended past his own children and to his nieces and nephews as well. Thank you Uncle Bill for helping shape me into the man I am today. Love Gary

1 comment:

Becca Jane said...

I love Uncle Bill to. Even though I didn't really know him that well. It was a really neat experience to go to his funeral and see all of his family. I knew you two were close, but I didn't realize that you were that close. It was great to hear those stories! I'm glad I have a great dad. You really are the best! Thanks! Love Nate